What is the Spanish Passenger Locator Form?
Spain decided to introduce the Health Control Form during the coronavirus pandemic in order to reduce the new COVID-19 cases spread and ensure the safety of all incoming visitors as well as the Spanish citizens.
The SpTH form or FCS (Formulario de Control Sanitario) is an online health declaration including all important information concerning travel and the health of a person visiting Spain.
The introduction of the Passenger Locator Form enabled the Spanish authorities to monitor any potential new coronavirus cases and take appropriate measures to stop the further spread of the virus.
A person entering Spain can be immediately notified of the danger of coronavirus infection thanks to the contact details included in the form.
Do I need the PLF to enter Spain?
Every person, no matter nationality, travel purpose, or age, who plans to enter Spain by sea or air is obliged to complete the Health Control Form.
Travelers who only transit through Spain still need to complete the Spanish Passenger Locator Form.
Adult travelers must remember to complete separate forms on behalf of their underage travel companions. All children visiting Spain must hold the SpTH form with an individual QR code that is obligatory to enter Spain.
Young travelers aged 12 or less are exempt from providing the negative COVID-19 test report, recovery, or vaccination proof when arriving in Spain from a country classified as high-risk.
When to complete the Spanish PLF?
The Spanish PLF must be submitted within 48 hours of the intended arrival time on the territory of Spain. All the data entered in the PLF must be up-to-date, true, and correct. That is why a traveler should not fill the form out earlier than 2 days before travel.
When filling out the form make sure not to make any mistake since you may be denied entry to Spain or encounter some problems upon crossing the border.
PLF to Spain – Application Guide
Filling out the Spanish FCS should take only a couple of minutes. The form is available entirely online. The only thing necessary to complete it is a working electronic device with a stable Internet connection.
These simple steps will help you to successfully submit your Spanish PLF:
- Provide all the necessary information in the online form and check twice whether the entered details are free from any errors.
- After checking the form for correctness, proceed with payment and cover the service fee. In order to do it, choose one from the available methods of online payment.
- Refresh your email inbox. The receipt of your processed SpTH form will be delivered to your email in PDF format. Do not forget to save a unique QR code on your mobile phone and/or save its printed copy.
Information necessary to fill out the Spanish PLF
When completing your Spanish PLF, you will be required to enter some personal details, i.a. name, surname, date of birth, passport/ID details, nationality, etc. Moreover, you should have ready the following information to provide in the online form:
- phone number and/or e-mail address;
- arrival and departure dates, ship name or flight number, hotel or other accommodation address in Spain, and any other essential travel details;
- information concerning your current health status.